Friday, May 26, 2023

COMMON POET Sylvia Ang

 





COMMON POET Sylvia Ang


She  lives in Singapore. She is a common poetess. Her poetry reflects life. 




The Street where I live 

Sylvia Ang 


When I was 15 on the fatal morning at 5 am. Ah Hwa was shouting at the dark zinc bath room. Underneath the kampong  banana tree.



Molest help help. The Havelock villager came alive with poles as if going to slaughter a pig.



The.molestor disappeared without a trace.



Ah hwa father promises to break a leg of the molestor if he can catch him.



The Tok Tok man doing his round. My mother ordered two package of mee pok. Enough to feed a family of eight.



After school, I carried the curry puff and  sago pudding. Selling to the kampong folk at 15. Year



The night soil cheerful cubby uncle came in his usual round.



The dark zinc toilet with a big hole. I peeped through the hole to see if any one is  watching me.



The tortoise swimming through the well. Underneath the cherry tree. In the Havelock kampong style.



The kheng hwa or the cactus flower opening and displayed its crowning glory. A slight to delight the kampong folks.



On a lazy Sunday when I drozed off. My.mother will shout at me. Ma ta coming. Meaning the police is coming to catch you. Quickly do your homework or I Will cane  you.



Sylvia Ang Copyright © 2023  


 



COMMON LITERATURE PERIOD Copyright © 2023  ALL RIGHT RESERVED©2023 No part of this  COMMON LITERATURE PERIOD THEORY PAPER  may be reproduced ,stored in a retrieval system ,or transmitted in any form or by any means ,electronic, mechanical, photo-copying ,recording or other-wise ,without the prior written-permission of the author.






1 comment:

  1. Sylvia a striking account of trauma healing caressed in caring poetic language---thank you

    ReplyDelete

Common poetess Mónika Tóth

  Common poetess Mónika Tóth Joined common literature period movement. Her words I was born in Covasna on 14th April,1980. I graduated ...